Thursday, May 3, 2012

40 til 40 May 2nd, 2012 "Intro"

May 02, 2012

"Intro"

Everyone deals with stress differently. What is stress to one is another's joy. I am sure turning 40 is the same. June 12 I turn 40. Now I know nothing bad happens as soon as I turn 40 or anything like that, but is a halfway point in a couple ways. From graduating high school, a step into adulthood, its halfway to collecting social security. With the way lifespans are these days its also halfway until statistically I meet my maker.

I have been lucky to see many classmates go through 40 unscathed, even bask in its glory. Me, well we will see when the day gets here. For now, I plan to deal with this stress by sharing some events, people, life experiences and other musings that have shaped my first 40. Some will be very personal, some will be funny, some sad, but all will be a reflection of my life. I have been blessed to be on earth.

My family is pretty private, so there may not be a lot of mention of them, but I can assure all they are fine and doing great. I love my family very much and owe them a lot. If one chooses to read my blog daily, thank you. this means a lot to me as does everyone I have come in contact with during my life.

So on Day One, this will be more of a table setting or an introduction, an appetizer before the big meal. A little about me. I graduated from Newton High School. Class of 90. I currently work in the Presidential offices of the home mortgage department of a major American Bank. I also do stand up comedy and announce roller derby for Iowa's first derby team, the Mid-Iowa Rollers. I am quite proud of all my accomplishments on the microphone, whether its telling jokes or calling booty blocks.  More about all of that stuff later.  I am married to a wonderful wife, Suzy, and we have 2 furry kids, Lacey and Vinny, who are both running circles around me as I type. I enjoy sports of all kinds and am a passionate Iowa Hawkeye fan. I co host a podcast with Steve Myers, "Cy-Hawk Thoughts" giving the U of I point of view. When it comes to pay to play, most people know I am on the side of the Cubs, Packers, Bulls and Blackhawks.

so, thats it. . . Day one, done. Just setting the table. time to throw all of my 40 years in a bingo tumbler and see what come out daily.

Chuck

1 comment:

  1. Hey Chuck, I am 43 and the year 40 was great for me. Sounds like you are going to have an awesome year!!!

    -Johnny Crash

    ReplyDelete