Saturday, May 26, 2012

40 til 40 May 25, 2012 "I got banned from ordering value meals at McDonald's"

Also known as "That's right, I'm the Fry Guy!"

Husky. Big boned. Portly. Jumbo. I have always been the big kid. Doesn't mean I haven't tried to stay fit at times.

Back in 1998, I decided to try the Atkins diet after the Cubs lost to the Braves.  bacon is good. cheese is good. I augmented that with an hour of walking a night and I was down 50 pounds in no time (3 months).

Well I decided to treat myself the end of December since McDonalds had a deal on 20 piece McNugget value meals for 4.99. I went to the drive thru. The nuggets were carb enough so when I placed my order I said I want the value meal but no fries. "Sorry. can't do that" Why not? I just want a value meal  but give the fries away.

"No."
"Please"
"No."
I went to the 1st window, and some of the regular Mc D people like sean mullen gathered. I asked again nicely but was denied.

At the 2nd window I was greeted by the nite manager. She said no. I stated that I am on atkins and would be happy again to pay for the fries but I didn't want to waste them. I was doing her a favor. She then went back to get my food. It seemed like an ungodly long period of time that they were waiting on my Mcnuggets. I guess they were going through the stupid human tricks.

I look up at the manager and she takes a large fry and shows them to me and puts em in my bag with a shit eating grin on her face.

I took the fries out-- looked at her and said "NO FRIES" I then dumped them all over the frozen parking lot.  Her grin turned to astonishment and she tore to the exit.

I dropped the hammer in my olds and tore outta there.

Home. Finally time to just enjoy my mcnuggets... and sauce... "Wheres the effin bbq?" SUMBITCHES.

So I did what every person should do-- I called and asked for management.

"Hello?"
"Hi, I was just there and got McNuggets and you folks didn't give me any bbq sauce"
"Who is this?"
"YOU KNOW WHO THIS IS! IM THE FRY GUY!" You forgot my sauce!"
"You dumped fries all over"
"I said no fries"
"This is going nowhere-- from now on you are banned from getting value meals"
"FINE!" click

Which got me thinking. . .did they have my picture hanging up at drive thru? "Do not sell value meals to this guy."

truth be told I waited awhile before doing a value meal there.












No comments:

Post a Comment