Wednesday, May 23, 2012

40 til 40 May 22, 2012 "I rode a Bull"

Well Later on in the month became now

In 2000, I was on a church service trip to Dallas. Bryan Hendrickson, our buddy, had been there a couple years as a teacher. So we did work down with him and enjoyed his swimming pool.

Bryan, Sarah Mangrich and I were allowed one night out so we went to a dance club. The promise was it wouldn't affect our work. Nope. no problem

At the dance club, the place, it was huge. Texas style. They had a mechanical bull, too.

Never one to back away, I wanted some of that bull. $20 no problem.

Now in 2000, I probably weighed 500 pounds. But I was getting on the bull.

One thing I hadnt counted on was the padding. good to be safe I guess. I sunk in like crazy. Bryan was there to help me on the bull as was this little 5'4" cowboy. He pointed at his bony thigh and said, "OK big boy, Just step right here and we will get you on the bull." So I did. he pushed. Bryan pulled. From the casual observers standpoint it probably looked like 2 2 dudes help me hump a bull from behind.

No luck. I fell to the ground.  "This time cowboy came up to me and cupped his hands and said,"OK put your foot right here."

We tried again. By this time there was quite a crowd. I felt like I was stuck in a waterslide again.

I made it! Finally. OK. I grabbed on with one hand. the other I put up to a big sheer. Lane Frost style! Cowboy counted down. The bull went forward. I fell Off.

0.8 seconds! 20 minutes on 0.8 seconds off.

Oh well. I rode the bull.

No comments:

Post a Comment