Saturday, June 2, 2012

40 til 40 May 30, 2012 "Favorite Cartoons"

Top 5 saturday morning Cartoons.

I really enjoyed cartoons as a kid. I was lucky enough to have access to great live action kids shows. Floppy... Magic Window... Dolph Pulliam on Sunday mornings... When we were in Chicago we had access to Bozo and Ray Raynor and some good stuff locally on the weekends. Saturday morning cartoons though. Awesome. I couldn't wait to get up.. have some cereal and watch cartoons.

Here are my favs

Honorable mention goes to the Charlie Brown Nighttime specials and the movie Animalympics. Johnny QAuest when I wa

Dungeons and Dragons.  -- Yeah I played. I also liked the cartoon. good stuff.

Dynomutt and Blue Falcon.  --  Any cartoon that the main character goes by BF makes me laugh. One of my cherished toys when I was 5 was a dynomutt figure with a parachute attached. still got it. I would wrap that up and toss it and watch the chute open. Easily entertaining. But that was a cool show.

Hong Kong Phooey -- "Number one super guy"  Loved Hong Kong phooey. At times I got a little tired of how bumbling he was, but spot was always there to the rescue. any super hero voiced by Scatman Crothers is awesome.

Superfriends-- Over the years-- super friends reincarnated in a few different forms.  Didn't matter to me. Superman, batman, wonder twins, wonder woman... It was all good.  Wonder twin powers activate. shape of ... a bucket. form of... water.  They were tough.  On rare occasions Green lantern would get in the mix. that was awesome.  I did have Aqua man Underroos. That guy could talk to the fishes.

Scooby Doo-- "And I wouldve gotten away with it if it wasn't for those meddling kids and their dog"  Casey Kasem as shaggy, Don Messick as scooby. Don Messick also voiced Scrappy. I am not talking about scrappy though. No the old scooby Doo's with the scary house in the opening. Some of the other spinoffs weren't bad like when they hung out with Don knotts and tim conway or the harlem globetrotters. Curly Neal really had good tricks on cartoon. The original was the best.



No comments:

Post a Comment