Monday, June 4, 2012

40 til 40 June 3, 2012 "The marocca story"

I keep a marocca in my car at all times.  Its good humor on long car trips playing the marocca to the music. People drive by doing a double take.

Plus now with the rules on texting and driving... the marocca is about the only thing I can do while driving.

It was the summer of 99. I was in Newton in my oldsmobile. I had gone to Subway. I was on my way out with my 2 pepperoni rounds with cheese mayo and onion when I saw my old pal Brian Hearl. He said, "Storms coming."

It was one of those ominous black line of clouds kind of storms and it was coming fast.

So as I exit Subway, drops of rain start pelting the windshield. I see a hispanic gentleman walking.

I asked if he wanted a ride.

"No Habla Anglais"

"Do you want a ride? Rain is coming."

"No Habla Anglais"

"Do you want a ride?"

"No Habla Anglais"

Rain started really falling.

"DO YOU WANT A RIDE!"

"ok"

So he is pointing where to go and conveniently, "Livin la vida loca" came on.  My new hispanic friend spotted my marocca. He grabbed it and started palying letting out a shrill, "AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE!" He continued to play and yell as I pulled into his driveway, by Emerson Hough school. He then gave me  my marocca and hit his chest Goonies style,"JORGE."  I replied,"Chuck" and saw him scamper into his house.

One just never knows what may happen when you have a marocca in your car.

No comments:

Post a Comment