Sunday, June 3, 2012

40 til 40 June 02, 2012 "Where were you when"

I wasn't alive obviously for when Kennedy was shot or when Man walked on the Moon...

But Here's where I was during historical events. Where were you?

Feb. 22, 1980 US beats USSR in hockey.  I was in bed. It was on tape delay. I didn't  know they won until the next day.

March 30, 1981 President Reagan is shot. I was hanging out in 3rd grade when the Janitor Mr. Halter informed everyone.

April 12, 1983 Harold Washington became first black mayor of Chicago. Darned Jane Byrne. She shouldn't have let the Blues Brothers use her city. B ut I am sure glad she did.

January 28, 1986 Challenger explosion. I was at the doctors. I returned to school where we watched the news reports. Suzy was home sick and watched it live.

October 19, 1987 The US stock market crashed. I was unaware until I got home.

August 24, 1989 Pete Rose banned from baseball for life. I was at home and it was a major disturbance.

June 12, 1991 Bulls win NBA title. I watched at home. It was awesome.

April 29, 1992 LA riots. Sitting at home watching the city burn.

February 26, 1993 World Trade Center bombing. I was at work at the Newton Daily News. It was surreal.

April 19, 1995 OKC bombings. I was at work at Cyko wheels. Still can't believe an American could do that.

April 20, 1999 Columbine . I was at DMACC taking a class. My Mom was in Denver and her class was in lockdown.

Dec. 31 1999 Y2K Party at Nathan Riddle's. Nothing happened.

9/11/2001. I was at home getting ready for work. I shut the tv off because I was mad Michael Jordan had announced he was returning.

The last 10 years-- well thats still fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment